Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



Enjoying the Day, Many Ways


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I can't figure out what I like more: the soundtrack of random awesomeness that my iPod pumps out as I commute to work, on foot, on train. Or, the brilliant lively sounds of a gorgeous summer day cascading over the city. It's wonderful to have the perfect tune match the changing walklight and the flow of traffic to the right. To feel my steps hit beats and lyrics in tune with the developing moment. And yet... and yet as I feel that, I see others with tiny speakers in their ears and I see us all passing each other, fast. The video to the music we each enjoy. Extras in our personal movies as we escape work, hide from friends, chase elusive dreams. The music in my ears fulfills the sounds of idle plots. But I'm bubbled, contained, alone. And I don't always like that.

There's something about the sunlight that makes me want to take off my headphones and talk to everyone I see. Find out what their deal is. Wish them well on their delightful day. Maybe share a smoke or a joke or a second of laughter at the wild whimsies of the afternoon. After days of rain, today I went headphone free on the way home, and it was good.

Found and admired today: The SFist. Good local interest blog with sites for lots of other cities, too. And here's Yelp! It's a community review site for restaurants, bars, doctors, things to do, anything really. Sign up and start telling people what you think.


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3