Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



Making Music


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



In Rainbows was the #1 seller this week, topping out at 122,000 copies sold. Pretty impressive when you consider that this album has been out since October 10, and you could have had it for free, if you wanted.

From NPR's All Songs Considered, take a look at Project Song. They take an artist or band, give them a choice of one of 6 images and one of 6 words printed on cards, and then they have 48 hours to create a song. I caught each of the shows on the radio as I drove around, but they also had cameras in there to capture the process visually. As someone with no musical talent, but a deep love for the creative process, this was fascinating to hear. I'm psyched I get to watch how they did it, too. Listen to the show, then check out the songs. Both tunes are fantastic.

And just last night one of my favorite bands played in a Borders bookstore in NYC. Friends said the show was lots of fun, but the coolest part? It was for the release of their brand new kid's album, Let's Go Everywhere. So fun! And they've even got a show coming up nearby. Gotta remember to get tix for that!

Last offering is a show from KCRW with Iron and Wine. Heard some great things about them recently, but I've yet to hear their tunes. Gonna take this in once I hit publish and sent this out over the intertubes.

Labels: , , , ,


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3