Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



Summer Reading


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Looks like I have some work to do on my sci-fi reading list.

I've got most of the top 25 checked off, but there' still a bunch I haven't read. I can thank Dad for this. I loved the paperback sci-fi books he gave me out of musty closets.

Of all of them, I think Neuromancer, Slaughterhouse 5, The Diamond Age and The Man in the High Castle are my 4 favorites. At least for right now.

I finished the last story of The Elephant Vanishes by Murakami and it was just as intriguing and bizarre as the rest of the short stories in the book.

I also just recently read The Road by Cormac McCarthy. So good. It was dark, edgy and tense while retaining wonderful simplicity and honesty. The novel was brutal and thrilling in its honesty and directness.

The simple facts of the apocalyptic life that McCarthy envisions for these nameless characters propelled me down the road of their journey. This book is beautiful and bleak and heartbreaking and true, and you can read it over 2 days at the beach, in the sun, with your amazing family around you. Go for it!

Labels: , , , ,


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3