Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



Down With Disease


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Haven't posted for a while because we've been nonstop. Final dinners with friends, Jeff Tweedy in GGP, a sidewalk sale all weekend, and then Sunday I got smacked with a bug that completely leveled me. Major sinus pain has finally abated but the illness has migrated to my chest. I now have 1-3 weeks of coughing to look forward to. So I guess I'm going to cough my way across the country, when we leave a week from today.

Wow. A week from today my time as a resident of San Francisco, CA will be officially over. It has been an amazing 4 years. Great friends, great music, wine country, delicious dinners, insane parties, festivals, road trips and all kinds of fun have kept us extremely occupied and entertained. It will be so tough to drive away from all of this, but I also know we are entering a new way of life that will be just as entertaining and fulfilling, but in a whole different manner.

More than anything I just want to be through with the transition and in a new apartment and new job in New Haven. Well, that and to kick this nasty virus. It's really beating me up good this time. And it appears I'm not alone.

Just about finished with A Scanner Darkly and I've enjoyed it thoroughly. The book does a far better job showing Arctor's breakdown than the movie even attempts. And I was interested to find online this little test that will tell you if you are more right or left-brained. The weird thing is I just finished the portion of the book where Arctor/Fred is administered a battery of tests and is told, flat out, that he's fried. And I'm tired. Back to bed for another 20 hours or so, I guess.


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3