Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



Bartenders Rule


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This was one of the first times I've started with the title and then wrote from there.

But I knew it was happening even as I was talking to the guy.

He was giving me the keys to the City of New Haven, the things we need to know about this city to have fun and to feel a part of the community. This is the bar I was at.

Safety Meeting is his label, and he's booked bands at some other local joints.

He didn't really even do anything besides be a nice guy and pour me a beer or two and tell me about New Haven.

One thing I particularly like about this whole experience was that I was directed to this bar, Firehouse 12, by my friend Dan who lives in Chicago. He told me to go there because he works at the Jazz Institute of Chicago, and at Firehouse 12 they only have jazz shows. So that is why Dan knew about a bar in New Haven even... though.. he... yeah you get it.

Here's the punchline, though! On Thursdays, pints are $2.50, just like at Lucky 13. The only thing missing is the outdoor patio and gorgeous weather and 20+beers on tap and meeting my friends there after work just to chill and eat popcorn or simply sit and read the paper in the afternoon San Franciscan sun and... ah, well, that's not really 'a thing', is it? The bartenders at Lucky 13 are fucking cool, too.

Anyway, I've got Carlos (scroll) now, and he's a key to the musical community of this town. He even gave me a disc. The Weigh Down, they're called, and I'm putting them in... my... player... now.

Fucking sweet.


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3