Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



Moody


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Feeling kinda dumpish and grumpy tonight. The move east has definitely taken a toll on my buffer system and it's just one of those nights where it takes every once of will to remain calm and cordial. And for some reason, this quick little story fit my mood perfectly. I feel like that robot right now, vainly reaching for a restart button that is just beyond my grasp.

I know this is just a phase, though. This is a moment in time when everything is not quite lined up properly, but the frustrating part is how close we are. Just beyond the next peak I can see our life fully formed with all the right parts moving at the right speeds and in the correct direction. But for now I'm stuck in the snow without a shovel, deciding whether to dig it out or walk on for some help. Unfortunately, neither choice seems all that appealing. Guess I could always just hop back in the car, turn up the heat and crank some tunes. 'Cause the fact is, no matter what the question, the answer is always music. (Or 42.)

The tune above was Unsolved Mysteries by Animal Collective. I can't tell if the discordant weird-rock is fitting my mood perfectly, or exacerbating it. Definitely gonna have to check this on headphones.

The photo on the right is from my friend Michelle who's back in SF and I miss a ton. It's a picture of the sunset at the North Pole, and yes, that's the moon above it. I don't see Santa in the photo, though, so he must have been elsewhere when this was taken. (thanks Michelle!) And here's a link to 5 other amazing sunsets, these all from Norway and by someone I do not know.

Today's Find of the Day. And I had no idea that the first jukebox was installed in San Francisco. I guess that city has always known how to have a good time. We certainly did while we were there! But we gotta enjoy what we've got on the eastside, here in New Haven. Even if it is snow crusted and cold we are still going to have fun.


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3