Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



Afterburn


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Friends are home safe from the playa, and that makes me very happy.

It was amazing to watch the Burn, and the Crude Awakening on Saturday night.

Yesterday we hung out with a park-full of hippies in GGP. Here's a little note to all the people writing about Burning Man. The people that go there aren't hippies. They're something, but they're not hippies. All the hippies left in the world were in Speedway Meadows yesterday to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the Summer of Love. And they couldn't have done that if they were at Burning Man. Which they weren't.

Here's a great write-up of the Homo Ouroboros project. Sounds like it was a bit hit, and a bit of a challenge to create. I can't wait to hear a full report from my buddy who was actually a part of the camp that constructed that art piece. Other friends built and brought a pyramid, and I hope the pyramid power was in full effect. I'm sure it was.

I still can't believe we didn't go. Watching dusty cars park and unload on the street in front of our house was a visceral experience. They had been there. We had not. And we've got to make sure that doesn't happen again.


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3