Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



Monday: Mutiny, Madness, Moving and More


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



First up are two tunes from The Coup. Those are off of their April 25th release, Pick a Bigger Weapon. Hip-hop with serious funk. Ass-shakin' music for sure. I've heard of them before and I know friends that dig'em. But I didn't realize they were the same band that had a rather bizarre and unfortunate coincidence back in September of 2001. Sometimes the world is just plain strange. How we even managed to get where we are, I'll never really understand. This helps to put it *all* into perspective. A very, very large perspective.

Next is some YouTube madnes. The first is by choice. I'd love to do that myself, if only I was, like, completely insane, as that guy clearly is. The second is a series of very scary moments in a tunnel, in Russia. Apparently, water leaks into the tunnel. And then it freezes. And then cars get smashed up. Black ice is a deadly foe. That, my father drilled into me at a very early driving age. I've never forgetten it, and this video only reinforces it.

One of my oldest and bestest friends out here in SF moved back into the Haight Hood and I'm very excited about it. However, she's taking the room of another very good friend of ours, who we just moved down to San Luis Obispo. Both of them could have used this very nice apartment-hunting site that mixes Google Maps with Craigslist. SLO was cool. Gorgeous landscape, a funny little college town, but best of all, wineries only miles away from Pismo Beach. Truly a perfect combination. And having a friend down there will just provide us with more excuses to go vacation in the sand. We're gonna miss her, though!

And then tonight, I'm gonna end with... endings. The Top 50 Movie endings of all time. Of course, they forgot some great ones, and left in some really really crappy ones. But if nothing else, at least lists like this help to remind you of what you like, and what you might want to see.

PM Update: Just found this and I had to put it up. Wayne of the Flaming Lips gives a commencment speech to his old school. Part 1 and Part 2. Bizarre and awesome, as you'd expect.


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3