Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



Transcontinental Sticker Experiment


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I hear that once you go truly fresh, you never go back. I think I've had fresh coffee before, but I guess I'm going to have to investigate. I also need to know how to handle lobsters. Surf n' Turf is on the menu for New Year's Eve. What are you doing?

Finally got around to listening/watching to the Beck session from KCRW and wow. It's the folky raw versions of The Information, a great interview, and all of it is fantastic. I wish I was in that room when it was all going down, but I'm quite pleased the internets give me a chance to peek inside the contents of that room, that day, that music. However, the internets are unwell today. The quake near Taiwan disrupted the undersea telecommunications cables and parts of Asia could be affected for a week.

In the midst of Beck's interview and random googlings, BoingBoing led me on a trail of strangeness that ended in this wikipedia page about a literary-scene hoax that sounds more like a group delusion or perhaps a work of art played in real time, with real people as characters. As though on some level, the people who were swept up with JT LeRoy decided to become a part of this network that would perform for the world a real-time play of mix-ups and morality. And that whole 'craigslist experiment' thing is just creepy.

But a flightless pigeon taking BART is just good clean fun.


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3