Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



Passing Ephemera and Otherwise


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Hangman. Insanely addictive speed typing game. Ridiculous dog costumes.

The net is filled with passing ephemera. Websites drift in and out of view as we click-stroll window watching, window shopping. Somehow it still manages to feel like a way to take the collective temperature of all of us connected by the internet.

Another way to figure out what's going on in the world is to talk to your friends. And I have a feeling if you friends are anything like my friends then the new Planet Earth series on the Discovery Channels always turns an idle conversation about the bullshit on the bus into a rapt discussion about migration habits of the Tuscan Tern. The Planet Earth series is fucking awesome. Lu and I are fishing for an invitation to a friend's house with a highdef flatscreen and all the fixins. (!!??!)

The Earth is as solid a thing as you or I will touch, ever. There is nothing ephemeral about the Earth. Witnessing the crisp connections between complex natural systems and creatures, on the Planet Earth series is truly remarkable. Another natural phenomenon that amazes me is the march of the planets, sun, stars and moon through the skies every night. An asteroid passed by the other day. We nearly missed it. Luckily this guy caught it.

This entire post was written while listening to Bright Eyes on Morning Becomes Eclectic. I enjoyed them more than I thought I would.

It's Thursday, have fun. Play Hangman during lunch and win.


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3