Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



Friday Bacon and Other Fun


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Friday. Finally. Even though it was a short week, it felt, well actually it felt like a short week, and I'm okay with that.

For today I can only serve diversions. My non-stop coverage of the Burn last week meant that I just couldn't post last night. I couldn't even write haikus! But tonight I see success on both fronts.

So for Friday diversions, first check out Sproing! It's a game, it's completely worksafe (despite the name) and it's oddly compelling.

Next is bacon. A bacon costume, to be more precise. Actually, a story about how wonderful it was to BE bacon, and how to make your own costume. It's not even October and I now have Halloween locked up. Beautiful. I can't wait to be bacon!

Last bit is for all the William Gibson fans out there. This right here is your lunch reading. It's a great interview with the Washington Post. Here's a quote:
"Every hair is being numbered -- eBay has every grain of sand. EBay is serving this very, very powerful function which nobody ever intended for it. EBay in the hands of humanity is sorting every last Dick Tracy wrist radio cereal premium sticker that ever existed. It's like some sort of vast unconscious curatorial movement."
And if you're not a Gibson fan, well, check out the article, and maybe you'll give his books a try. They are definitely worth your time.

Labels: , ,


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3