Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



facebook hatin?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I signed up for facebook within the last year, and at first it was a lot of fun. Recently I haven't been enjoying it as much. Part of the reason is because of some of the things I've been reading about it, and some of it is because I find the constant invitations to add new applications a little bit annoying. I need to go through all the ones I've already got on there and get rid of the ones I don't use, and I have to not feel bad about ignoring invitations to applications that I just don't want to bother with.

I feel like the software can be quite useful, but I still haven't quite figured out or found the features that will truly enhance my experience. Granted, connecting with some old friends has been great, and it is a good way to keep up to date on far-flung compadres. But there needs to be more or it's just not worth the trouble.

This article about the politics of some of the people on the facebook Board was very interesting, and not in a good way. Then yesterday I read about how facebook is now succumbing to spam. Even worse, there are now some applications aren't applications at all, but instead are spyware designed to collect your information. We're so used to just letting the applications full access that this can be a big problem

I'm not giving up on it yet, but it's definitely not the first thing I open when I jump on the computer.

Labels:


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3