Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



Ira, Harold & Kumar


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This photo of the recent shuttle launch is absolutely beautiful. It's my new background as a matter of fact.

Another matter of fact is that we saw This American Life broadcast live from NYC tonight, in a movie theater. That it was incredible is my opinion, but that opinion was shared by everyone walking out of our theater tonight. It could have quite possibly been the most enjoyable 2 hours I have ever spent in a movie theater, excluding The Big Lewbowski, of course.

A very funny moment occurred even before the show started, though. We were in the lobby with tickets in hand but definitely early. I saw a group of middle-aged individuals approach the ticket taker and be turned away. They walked toward me. It was two couples in their 50s or 60s, the men wearing blazers, the women nicely dressed and clearly these were NPR listeners.

As they got closer I said, "Are you guys here to see Harold and Kumar?" Utterly serious, one of the men looked at me and replied, "No," and began walking away. But one of the woman looked at me funny and then I said I was joking and asked them if they weren't letting people in for This American Life yet. She started laughing and replied that no, they were not. We had 10 minutes to wait. Lu heard it all and was dying with laughter.

Then, once inside the show, one of the first things Ira did was say something to the effect of: "If you are high, and you are in here expecting to see Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay, go to theater 5!"

I heard the woman I had spoke to laughing on the other side of the theater. And the show only got better from there.


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3