Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



Anger Denial Displacement Humor Relief Anger


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Surgery went well and Mom is in recovery. She'll be in the hospital tonight, tomorrow and probably into Wednesday and then she's home. I cannot believe this incredible woman has had to go through so much illness in her life. Anyone with MS should have automatic immunity to breast cancer. That should just be a rule of the universe or something.

I definitely learned at an early age that life is not fair, and that you have to make the best of whatever you've got and aim to make it better. Even on the way in this morning my bro told me that she was laughing and joking around. Her sense of humor is just incredible. Another thing I learned at an early age is the importance of grace and humor no matter what the circumstances.

Living up to that ideal is the tough part.

Getting pissed off and raging at the world seems so much more satisfying and cathartic. The fact is, though, rage and negativity are poison to the soul.

Nonetheless, I am still pissed off about 1 thing right now: that douchebag bartender up the street. I told myself I would not go to the bar if he was working there after my last unpleasant interaction with him. But George was in town and it was easy to grab beers and wings with him & his sis at a fine bar just a few doors away, so went we did. And once again, d-bagtender didn't give me the happy hour price on the wings. I mentioned it to him, but apparently his hearing is as bad as his memory. Next time if that guy is behind the bar, I not going in. I'm not! No matter how bad I want wings, I'm not going in.

On the other hand, if I win him over somehow, he'll probably give me happy hour wings for free. I can tell he's that kind of guy. Either he's your friend and he'll steal from his boss to hook you up, or he doesn't know you and you are therefore an enemy and he'll try to 'forget' it is happy hour like he hasn't worked there for 20 years.

What's cool, though is that now I have an arch-nemesis. That's really important, especially if you're mad at the universe in general. How do you take your anger out on the Universe? Not appreciate it's beauty? Scorn trees? Insult the birds? No. If you are pissed at the Universe, you need an arch-nemesis to direct your specific anger towards.

This bartender charged me regular price for happy hour wings TWICE! And now he's going to pay for my mom getting breast cancer. I'm like totally not going in to spend money when he's working, unless my friend is in town, or I'm hungry. But while I'm there I'll talk about him when he's not around and seriously, that will teach him to mess with me. Or my mom.

I'll still leave a tip, though.

Damn you bartender. Damn you!

And cancer, frankly, you can fuck off completely.


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3