Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



Tuned Up


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Kickball tonight. We didn't win, but almost the entire team showed up despite the fact that it was drizzling and then raining and really not that nice out at all. The other team had clearly played in previous seasons, but we were all essentially newcomers to the WAKA league. Each of us had played back in grade school, though, and the passion was still there! Just not the runs, this time.

I listened to this song last night and now sitting at the computer I want to hear it again. If that happens one more time, I just may have to put it on the iPod. I need good new music bad. I haven't been keeping up with the musical offerings of the web recently and it shows. I need new bands! Wilco still hasn't released West coast dates while Radiohead is done touring and making an album, I guess. The BBoys are coming out with new sounds shortly (and it's going to be sick), but for now it's just theoretical. I do have to buy the new Arcade Fire. I haven't heard a bit of it, but I'm confident I'm going to like it.

The New Mastersounds are in town this weekend at an awesome venue for a kickass latenight show. We've seen them there before, and it was exceptional. Deepfunk boogie basslines and thick grooves until the wee hours of the morning is always a treat.

I need new music, and lots of it. If you have tunes you love please tell me what they are. I'm ready for anything.

This post was brought to you by the awesomeness that is moe. Their show on Tuesday night was fucking ridiculous. They nearly tore the filigreed beauty of Hall down around our ears. Seeing live music that thoroughly consumes me is one of my favorite things in the world, especially in a gorgeous tiny venue like the Great American.


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3