Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



Say Uncle


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Well, I'm one day away from becoming an uncle and I can't freaking believe it. I really wish we were closer so that we could see that little guy right away, but I guess a few weeks will have to do.

Weekend in Vegas was awesome. Playing some sit'n'go cash games at the Mirage was definitely, by far, the most fun I've ever had gambling in Vegas. Didn't win, but played for a long time and was very happy to see I can hold my own against strangers.

This Saturday is a really interesting event here in SF. I wish I knew about it beforehand because it's something I'd really like to do. It's called Film Racing. You get 12 hours to produce a 4 minute film and the only things you can do before the time starts is gather your crew, cast and equipment. They give you the plot theme, a surprise prop and then it's go time. Everything: script, location, shooting, reshooting and editing all has to take place within those 12 hours. Maybe I can rally some troops and make it happen! Although without boom or wireless mics it might be a non-starter.

I really like this. See if you can figure it out what it is before you scroll down.

Also, I've got some invites to Joost. Not sure how many. If you want one let me know.


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3