Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



Changes


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Well it's been really really fun working on this blog over the last few months, but it's time to take a thrunk hiatus. The next few days are going to be a whirlwind of packing and preparing, and then we're gone. And that means I simply won't have the time to find good links, good tunes and fun videos the way I like to. I'll throw stuff up here whenever I have a chance, but posting on this blog will be sporadic at best.

I fully intend to pick it back up when we return in November.

I can't stop writing, though, so I've started a new blog where Lu and I will post stories, updates and observations as we travel through Southeast Asia. I'm told that internet cafes are ubiquitous in Thailand, even on the small islands. I don't really know how often we'll get to post, but I'm hoping we'll throw something up every few days, if not more.

Writing is relaxing for me, so it will not be a chore to sit in some cool little cafe, sip a beer or coffee and upload some tales of of our adventures. The new blog is called |blue ceiling| and I hope you find it enjoyable. That pic is our friend Jane floating blissfully in the waters off a Thai island, and we can't wait to be there ourselves. The blog's title, obviously, comes from the idea that the only thing we'll have above us for much of the next 2 months is the great big blue sky, and that is really the best ceiling one could want. I'm also excited by the fact Lu will posting too. It will be fun to see how our observations and experiences diverge and connect.

Alright! Last thrunk offerings! The first one will come in very handy for us as we try and clean out our cupboards and fridge and eat everything we have left. Snacksby. You list what you have in the pantry, and it tells you what you can make. Next is Palary. It's a secure, online browser that lets you surf anonymously, and it's nice in that you can access it from any computer. That way, where ever you are, you have all your options and bookmarks ready and waiting. For video, I've got somethings I've never seen before. A cat that swims (and more), and then a cat that's been befriended by a crow. Totally bizarre. Music tonight is from So Many Dynamos. Really cool sound. Tons of instruments and the vocals appear totally unexpectedly, with a very unique delivery juxtaposed against the rocking melodies that come before it. Heat/Humidity sounds like Tool backing Weezer, but yet, somehow, it all works.

Alright! That's it for regular posting on <~thrunk~>, for now. See you under the sun and the bright blue sky.


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3