Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



Sweet


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Got a better vibe today! This post/article by our friend Brad about our time in Don Det, Laos really made my day. He captured the unbelievable beauty of those islands, and the sublime joy of the most chill Paradise on the planet, perfectly. I still can't believe we were all there, watching that sun set, night after night. We played a lot of spades and had a lot of fun.

Fun is good. It's my motto this year, just like previous ones. Have more of it, daily, if possible. Also be more nutritious. And safe. Thinking more Funk and more Robot in '07, as well as a healthy helping of fantastic feasts. One week after NYE and there's more good music in the city. Malkmus is at Bimbo's tonight. That's fun. So will poker be on Sat night. I didn't win on Festivus, but the previous game I took home a big pot. Talking with my friend tonight I realized that playing Texas Hold'em is a lot like snowboarding, except typically you don't break anything on the way down. Except, perhaps, your bank account. But neither snowboarding nor poker is fun to play broke.

ALSO, the image below from Scott is updated. Better rez image on this site, and it links to an even BETTER version on his web site. Framed pictures make an amazing gift and I could not recommend a better source of amazing photos suitable for framing than Scott's. If you see something you like, let me know. I can probably get you a good deal!


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3