Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



The Smell of Space and Other Sensations


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Spent most of the evening working on a new blog for Bean & Leaf and I'm excited to start writing about coffee. We're heading to GreenDrinks tomorrow evening for lots of networking with people and organizations that Lu and I want to know more about. I'm hoping that some of them will want freshly roasted coffee in their offices. And if one of them has a job for me, too, all the better.

These images by Lori Nix are very cool. They are photographs of miniatures and each group pertains to a particular theme. The image to the left is called Nevada, and it's from the Lost series, which I was immediately drawn to. But that's probably because I have LOST on the brain. Only one disc away from the end of Season 3 and soon we'll be up to real-time viewing. That'll be fun for discussion with friends, but terrible for our patience.

There was a posting from NASA that I read the other day and it stuck with me. Since I'm fascinated with space, I love the way it captured an aspect of that vast vacuum you rarely hear about.

I keep going back to the Project Song site hoping for another installment, and when I do I invariably listen to the the tune "Man of A Million Faces" that Stephen Merritt of The Magnetic Fields created for the show. Turns out they are playing up the road tonight. I would have liked to go, but it's definitely not a good night for a 2 hour road trip. Lots of icy snow out there. But poking around the NPR site I stumbled on the Discover Songs page and the Song of the Day. Gotta remember to keep checking back.

Last offering is some new web-tech, with Twitter as the foundation. It's for fast and easy file-sharing, as if there's not enough ways to do that now.

Labels: , , ,


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3