Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



A Mess


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Loose Fur. A BBoys v Jaz-Z mashup from The Gil.

Spent the gorgeous summer dusk aboard the Spirit. It took us out into the Bay past Alcatraz, under the GGBridge and then back to the Embarcadero. We were cruising along and the seagulls soared just behind us, floating fast. It was supposed to be a networking event where I tell people what I do and they tell me what they do and we figure out if our companies can exchange funds, goods or services, but we were on a boat. In the Bay. On one of the first nice days in seventy two days and eleventeen weeks. People were taking photos, talking, drinking and eating and I'm sure some deals got done, but not by me. We were on a cruise with slow bartenders and good food and all I could do was enjoy it all.

The one question I leave you with is one my friend Heather asked me just today: isn't it weird how we clean up for parties, for people coming over, and then they get there and mess it up and we have to clean it all up again? And she's right. If we just agreed to be the first five or six people over for each other, everyone that came after us would just think the place had been mussed by those of us already there. But really, we wouldn't have done a thing to mess it because the mess didn't have to go away in the first place. Then you'd just clean after everyone was gone and no one would be the wiser. Or something like that. But we did clean and we are having a party and I sure as shit hope our neighbors don't freak out when they see how much fun we all like to have.

Alright, I leave you with this: A man witnessess a minor car accident while leaving a voicemail for work, and hilarity ensues.


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3