Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



New Tuning


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



So here's what I found today: KCDX. It's a radio station with a twist. There's no DJ. One guy owns it and all the music on it is from his collection. The playlist is computer generated random tunes. People are obsessed with it, of course, but The Guru really isn't interested in being known or heralded. When he and his son go on road trips, they program a playlist and have their tunes pumped out to them over the airwaves. Yeah, it's fucking cool. I was going to have you read the LATimes article about KCDX, but they hit me with registration bullshit so I figured go right to the source. But here's the article, and if login's a pain download BugMeNot Firefox extension and use it. Hat tip to Kevin Drum for tuning me to this station. Since I know you're going to want to listen and see what crazy/cool shit the servers pump out next, find out a little bit about The Tritone, the Devil's Interval, the Diabolus in Musica. I'm sure you musicians already knew about it, but it was a first for me. I know exactly the sound they are talking about, but I didn't know it was a particular thing.

This is what KDCX just gave to me while I was writing this:

  • 7:07 pm - Lynyrd Skynyrd - Truck Drivin' Man
  • 7:12 pm - Rush - Working Man
  • 7:19 pm - Procol Harum - Whiskey Train
  • 7:24 pm - Bob Dylan - Just Like A Woman
  • 7:28 pm - First Edition - Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In]
  • 7:32 pm - Kinks - Tired Of Waiting For You
Followed by at 7:34 pm - Bachman-Turner Overdrive - Lookin Out for no.1, right now. And so that's what I gotta go do. Eat dinner, talk to my wife, watch Jack on a plane, savor the Daily Show and then sleep.


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3