Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



SxSW Recap


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



We spent the night with NPR this evening, checking out their archives of South by Southwest. Some great music in there, and some stuff I haven't heard.

Here's a short show by Vampire Weekend. They are all over the interwebs right now and have been circling under the surface for a long time. Some of my friends hate them. Sudden ubiquity can turn some people off. Other friends really enjoy them. I'm with the latter for now, but we'll see if it lasts.

Yo La Tengo is what we just finished. Not liking them isn't really an option. They are one of those bands that doesn't care what you think. They will twist you up and send you out reeling whether you are ready for them or not. They're not afraid to challenge the audience, and that's fun.

We're checking out Yeasayer now and so far so good. Next up is My Morning Jacket. Friends swear by them. Friends swear at me for not completely getting them. But music deserves multiple chances so I'm looking forward to their show later on this evening.

The rest of NPR's coverage is here.


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3