Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



Moving Images, Music


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



So let's start off with images today. Flickr you know, but sometimes it can be a little difficult to find the image you're looking for. This is the nicest way to surf that image collective that I've found. But Flickr was invented as a game. Images over IM you passed around to one another or something, and there's still something playful about the site. However, I find it's better as a place to throw up images fast and easy, as opposed to a place to deposit our entire collection. For that we use smugmug. It's $40 for the year, but supereasy to link to, and there's no snapfish/kodakgallery signin/up bullshit every time you want to check out a friend's vacation.

But images that don't move are a little passe at this point. YouTube is blowing up but there's a lot more on it and out there than just silly teenagers and stupid pets. Rocketboom's 3min tech stories gets a ton of hits daily, and has been around for a while. Blinkx.tv opens up the videoweb in a way I haven't seen before. The list goes on and on. I can't wait to find it all.

Oh and I can't resist talking about music just a little bit. Pearl Jam's new album Pearl Jam is quite good, and the All Songs Considered podcast of the boy least likely to thoroughly entertained me as I chilled at Zeitgeist, sipping a Racer 5. Check'em out; the beer, the music, the moving images. For me, though it's gametime. Softball calls.


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3