Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



Music Old and New, and Tiny, Tiny Art


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I had no idea albums could be a story until I listened to The Wall in high school. In the dark. In my basement room. At top volume. I'm certain my parents thought I was nutz, and I'm not sure that I wasn't during those strange teen years when I would wake up in the night and feel that my legs had gotten longer, painfully, as I slept. I came back from a week vacation once and my teachers almost didn't recognize me. When I found this site today and looked through the analysis/description of that amazing album, I was taken back to the first time I heard it, and then the first time I saw it, in college. I can still see those hammers marching, and the slicing of the nipples during the full-body shave.

Been hearing a lot about The Walkmen recently, but I don't really know their stuff. The buzz must be because their new album just came out. It's called "A Hundred Miles Off" and it was released on May 23rd. Here's a live concert of their's via NPR's All Songs Considered. They're heavy, but versatile.

And this here is just crazy. Tiny, miniscule sculptures. Like *inside* the eye of a needle tiny. Incredible.

Last bit comes from The Sky Drops. Still in the heavy, crunchy guitar realm, but these two are a bit more melodic than The Walkmen. I like'em!

All right, time to chill. The wedding planning went deep and wide tonight, but we got a lot done. I'm ready for some serious couch and Daily Show action. If it is a repeat I will mutter disgruntedly to myself.


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3