Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



Web Hike


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Oh, boy. So much out there. It's a fucking Horn-O-Plenty filled with a plethora mixed with myriad. Do you know what the opposite of plethora is? For so long I thought plethora had no good, solid opposite that would just sum it all up like plethora does, and then I realized at some point that I knew exactly what that word is. It's dearth. And there is a dearth of good ideas in Washington, DC. Bob's got it right with this little tidbit about the price of gas these days. There's a plethora of other thoughts of his, here.

I've come to realize that the more I look, the more there is to see. It's like when you're out in the woods on a hike, for the first hour you're just sorta seeing the whole landscape, the trees in general, the sky, smelling the air, feeling the breeze of a warm summer day. But then it's two hours in and you're getting tired. Muscles are straining. You feel the small sharp spike of the first glimmerings of a blister beneath sock and boot. You feel the sliver of thirst the moment it cuts into your throat. Miniscule temperature changes force you to layer up or shed, as the case may be. And then world around you, after you've started looking for it, becomes incredibly rich with nuance and detail. Currently, on my hike through the web, I'm just past the part of tired where you don't even know which way to go and on to the adrenaline rush where it's possible that you just might not ever have to stop. So then, onward!

Jack White of the White Stripes has a new band, The Raconteurs, and they sound really really good. Edgy and heavy with a good sense of how much fun it must be to rock and fucking roll. Found more remixes, this time from It's the Rub. A little heavy on the rap/pop side for my taste, but there's a couple of gems in there. Plus, if you're looking to throw a danceparty, they would be a good source of bumpin tunes. Then, there's Slumber Party from Detroit that I found when searching for info about sleep last week, but I keep wanting to hear their tunes again, so give it a go.

Tomorrow I turn 11680 days old. Sushi and Digable Planets are on tap. Which means for my birthday I'll have several of my favorite things: good food, good music, good friends and, of course, my wife. Then this weekend brings even more favorite fun!

Time for movie + couch + dessert. Hasta yermomma.


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3