Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



Found Suds and Beatings Sound


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Let's say you're going to visit your friend in, oh, New York City. And you were looking to find a local brewpub or microbrewery. You could ask a cabbie, talk to a local or consult a guide book. None would be definitive. But this site, is. This is one that's going directly to my resource folder. This one is handy for around town, and all over the country. Cheers and thank you Mr. Horn!

Although The Cuts are a local SF band, I've never heard them--or even of them--until today. I know, lame. But I'm better now 'cause I know about them and so do you. I listened to a few of the little clips on their web site and it's definitely a sound I enjoy. A little punky, earnest lyrics and aggressive, atmospheric melodies. Good walkin' music. You can download How Can I Get Through here, but the rest of the streams are just clips. I don't like just clips. They should have up at least two to listen to all the way through. I'm still going to buy the latest album, though.

Next is something completely different. Lansing-Dreiden. Art collective, performance art, pop music with a great, visual web site. Apparently they don't play much, and based on the video I'm not sure if their show would be a concert or a performance, but the sound is catchy and their images are compelling. Look for a Line You Can Cross and Death Notice IV. You're going to have to click around to find them, but there are sounds for you to enjoy.

Last is just eye candy for anyone who's sat for hours in the dorm room determined to beat your special-move-throwing-best-friend-opponent who you simply could not best, and who would taunt you relentlessly for your ineptitude. Chel, I'm looking in your direction...

Now! To planning!


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3