Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



Melting, Melding, Muppets, Music


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I love the melding of opposites. Juxtaposition. Paradoxes that tie the mind in knots of conflicting thought. As soon as I saw what this next web site was all about, warmth filled my heart even as my fingertips got cold. Making fire from ice. Click through the steps and then give it a try some time. I definitely will. I'm sure we could get it to work.

Now, let's say you were born in the 70s and you grew up with the music of the 80's as the soundtrack to your life. If both of those things were true, then there's a good chance you will enjoy this trove of 80s videos and concert clips. (thanks odder) I can't really go there 'cause it makes me think of some of the poor wardrobe choices I made based on what those people were wearing. But I know some of you can't get enough of it. (Lu, I'm looking in your direction...) There is, however, one band that I simply love, and though they sprang from the 70s, the 80s were their heyday. Talking Heads. Their movie Stop Making Sense is pure brilliance. I also love the Muppets. Mahna Mahna remains a seminal giggly moment in my young life. But I had not see this particular melding until today. (thanks Horn!) I don't know where I was that evening, but apparently it was not glued to the front of the tube, waiting for Kermit and the rest of the crew to appear. I wouldn't have even gotten it then, but I'm sure my aunt and uncle loved it. The Muppets were good like that. There was something for everyone in that show.

Alright, enjoy your evening/morning/day. Thursday's almost here and that's at least eleventeen times better than any of the last few days.

Oh yeah one last thing, I got the invite to Google Spreadsheet. Haven't played with it much, yet, but I think it'll be useful. If you're interested, definitely hit that link from yesterday. I love the way that company is trying to help as many people work together as possible. They aim for information collaboration, and so far, I think they are definitely doing it right. Now! Goodnight!


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3