Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



Monday Evening


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Dinner is in the midst of being cooked, but we'll be done eating before I'm done with this post. Garlic butter salmon, shittake mushrooms, black rice and asparagus. Lu's sister is in town and I have to show her my kitchen skillz. I've never had any formal training, but I did work in a restaurant in Boston for a while, and I've been cooking for myself for quite a few years now, so I can pull a good meal when I put my mind to it. And it's kinda fun to be doing and working and creating again after a weekend where I pretty much didn't have to lift my hand once.

The bachelor party on the beach was phenomenal. My buddies took complete care of me. Plates handed to me filled with food. Beers poured and delivered before I could even ask. And all the music I loved pumping through the house all weekend. The two best parts were that the beach came right up to the back door, so we got to have a campfire in the sandy yard all night both nights, and it was so warm and nice out that we could even go swimming in the Pacific ocean without a wetsuit. That's a rare thing in Northern California.

But since we're still hosting and I want to go chill with my sister-in-law, I'm gonna keep this brief. To put it bluntly, work sucked. Great weekends = shitty Mondays. We've covered that. So what's better than workin on a Monday? How about BSU with a Beer Cannon? (BSU= blowing shit up).

For music, check out Fruit Bats. This one is called Silent Life. It's lyrical and melodic that starts with words and piano, then mixes in cool noises, followed by drums and guitars into a steady, interesting blend. More ballad than rock, but fun and layered.

And here's a simple little game called Fly Guy. Use the arrow keys and see where you can take him.

Last offering is a strange little film called Saturday Morning by Daniel Liss. It's more an active, post-modern painting than a true film, but it is compelling, a little ominous and worth a few minutes of your time.

Oh and there is one last thing: I need your help. I spend a lot of time every day trying to find cool sites, good music and fun videos to post up here, but there's way more out there than I could ever hope to cover. So if you ever find anything that you think I and others would like, please send me the link and I'll be sure to get it up. I know all of you are out there finding good media for your brain and I'd love to help you pass it along. You can always reach me at chrisgallagher at gmail dot com.

Alright time to chill.


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3