Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



Beer Time


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Rainy rainy February has begun but it's all good because, that's right, it's Strong Beer Month. Magnolia and the 21st Amendment are doing what they can to keep us warm and snuggly for this winterish month, so the least we can do is go help. (hat tip to Shack and Seth for reminding me daily: "hey, it's strong beer month.") They are so right.

Since we're on the topic, let's just get this all done with right away.

Toronado. Barley Wine Festival. Starts February 17. It *only goes* until February 24th. But you shouldn't go to it. It sucks. To crowded, mean bartenders. Wolves in the back room. Don't even look back there. Dank and dark and nasty and loud. Smells like stale hops and farts all the time and seriously, who wants to drink beer that was left to rot in bourbon casts? Forget I even mentioned it.

Then there's the Boonville Beerfest on May 5th. There's camping around the site and it's my birthday that weekend, so what the hell else am I supposed to do? You are invited. Everyone that reads this, you are invited to my birthday to drink the sweet nectar of 55 magnificent breweries and then camp under the stars around your cars with a whole bunch of other happy beer fools. Last year I tried to stick to IPAs because they are my favorite. Maybe this year I'll stick only to double IPAs. Either way, you should be there.


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3