Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



Juicy Tidbits


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Ho boy. So late. Gonna chill for a minute before rolling over into the bed. I could and still want to watch the Daily Show, but I have a BNI meeting tomorrow at 7am. Work bullshit, but still worthy of attendance. They serve me breakfast, and I've found that on Thursday afternoons I'm more alert than on the days that I don't have scrambled eggs, homefries, fruit, coffee and oj. I have juicy tidbits for you tonight, though. The first is from Crooks and Liars. They're left-politics with a video slant, but every now and then they throw some music into the mix. So here we have my favorite musician of all time, performing my favorite song of all time, right next door to my favorite city of all time. Hendrix in Berkeley playing Voodoo Chile. Electric Ladyland is the album that turned me on to albums. I'd been prepped by Ritual, but Ladyland made me wake up and look around.

Next is re-hashed TV Funhouse via Mr. Horn. Saddam & Osama. The cartoon is great, but the commercials are brilliance. And because I promised Mr. Horn some MMJ (My Morning Jacket for those not in the know), here's a music blog post with some of their live stuff. Interesting other tunes there, too.

Last is flickr's blog. They are a site/service/community that continues to impress me. Google and Microsoft are about to join battle, but I have a feeling Yahoo! isn't going anywhere anytime soon. That they own flickr is a definite plus.

Winning some money tonight at poker felt good. Even better, though, was getting to hang out with my friends. My favorite part was when we all laughed and laughed and laughed.

Oh and I'm not bullshitting you, The Kleptones' 24 Hours is sick. I'm downloading "Yoshimi Battles The Hip-Hop Robots"... now.


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3