Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



Pushing On Through Hear, See, Do


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



These are the days when this is hard. When I haven't found anything online worth posting, when I come home and nap instead of just sitting down and writing, when it's Tuesday and softball and it's 10:30pm before I hop online to make it happen. But when it is difficult it is the most imperative that I do not make excuses and get it done. It's too easy to blow off the gym. I have a thousand reasons to not go. But I love writing, so when I screw that off, it only makes me feel worse in the end. Besides, challenging moments are typically the most instructive and the most rewarding so here it goes: I've got something for ya to use, something for ya to watch, and something for ya to listen to.

For using: Google Notebook. This is still in beta, but give it a shot. I'm thinking it'll be a good place to drop links and images during the day that I can post later. I'm sure there are million other uses for it, too. I'd love to hear what you're doing with it.

For watching: It's Jerry Time! They're animated shorts with a Seinfeld-on-quaaludes wit and delivery. According to Wired "these tales of urban woe [are] a highlight of the Net vid explosion." I tend to agree. You gotta wait for it, but the kill shot is there. Made me laugh out loud when the punchline came in Episode Six.

For listening: Chad Van Gaalen. The brief write-ups/reviews say it all, and Flemish Eye seems like an interesting label. Listened to clips of the available tunes, and am downloading them now for a.m. busride listening. Always nice to have some fresh sounds to open the day.

AM Update: Chad didn't do a whole lot for me. Maybe it was the mood I was in, maybe it was the tunes, but it didn't grab me. Setting is a big part of any experience, so I'm going to give him another shot at another time, but so far, not so much.

Alright, the Daily Show has begun and the DVR has captured enough of the progam that commercials are irrelevant. It's going to be interesting to see how ad agencies cope with the fact that most of us only watch commericials at four times the normal speed. I'm sure seven second flash ads are on the way. And so am I.


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3