Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



The Execution of Plans


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Until 5pm tomorrow, I will still have things to do and accomplish. Errands, chores, details, directions, precision, dilligence. But there will come a moment when that phase ends. This is Phase 2 I'm in right now. This is a short phase after the very loooooong planning phase. That was where I had to live my life and work and plan and make decisions and work with Lu and figure everything out from 3000 miles away and hope that it was all good ideas that would execute well. Since I walked out of work the other day, I have been in a different mode. Lu is away with family. I'm here with mine, and both of us are putting together the final details that we couldn't from so many miles away. This is the world in shift around us as we try to tighten the clamps on the specifics of the weekend. But they do not tighten well. They are slippery and cagey and prefer not to be locked on any one set of circumstances.

Tomorrow at 5pm Phase 3 will begin. That's where I don't have to do anything but enjoy myself. That's where all my friends and family are around celebrating what Lu and I are promising to each other on Saturday evening. That's the phase that all off this is about, and I cannot wait to get there.

Next I must wrap objects in tinfoil, write cards of thanks, and fall asleep with a book on my chest. I can't wait to see my friends and family and Lu most of all. I can't wait to get the party started. I can't wait to see plans and hopes spring to life. I can't wait to battle the weather with sheer willpower alone. The sun must shine. It must!!

Here are some of the products that helped bring Camp Gallagosen to life: Crocs, Leatherman, Maglight, Panasonic, Harpoon IPA. I'm sure Lu has more. I'll update them when we get back. Now, to camp!


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3