Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



Deeper Than the Breeze


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



So do you think this video is real? It looks real, but it seems totally ludicrous. I mean, that kite-boarder is just *way* the hell up there. This video of bullets in slow-motion is definitely real, and really cool. It's sorta terrifying to look at, though, considering what the true intent of those projectiles are. These photos are absolutely not real. It's real French buildings and architecture, but the 'people' in them are utterly imaginary. You might recognize a few of them, though.

Music is a little odd in that it is absolutely and totally real, but utterly invisible to the naked eye. It is like the wind, but it penetrates us to the very soul, far deeper than any breeze can. Music can make you cry, laugh, dance, swoon, shout and leap around like a monkey. When my headphones are on and I'm strolling the city I am filled in a way that is wholly unique. Nothing-- not books, not painting, not movies, not poems--consumes me from the inside-out, like music does.

Thom Yorke had some interesting things to say about music on NPR the other night. This is a seriously awesome interview. Terry Gross is amazing, and getting to hear Yorke's brain pour out his mouth in something other than song is simply fantastic. Fresh Air is good like that, and definitely worth keeping your ear on. But I promised my buddy Shack something other than just this interview because he heard it when it was broadcast originally. So for him, I found this: a site called download RADIOHEAD, and it has mad links to all kinds of rare audio tracks and video footage. Enjoy buddy!

Looking like we found a car tonight. It's everything we want and the price is right, except, it's plum. I'm going to have to drive a plum freaking car around for the next five or seven years! Of course, for Lu, that's just about as good as it gets. I'm pretty sure she sold herself on the car the second she found out what color it was. That it's a fourdoor/sunroofed/lowmileage/less than $7k and not a stick (we're so tired of a stick in SF) Honda Accord, is just a lucky coincidence for us. Gotta get it checked by the mechanic and then we'll decide. My guess: a tuneup, brakes in 10k miles, but otherwise good to go. And I'm gone.


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3