Elm City Dad | Elm City Mom



Mondays are for Suckas


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Meltone was fantastic on Friday night. Such a fun, rocking group, and really great to see a band from Japan that's making music we love. It had to be incredible for them to come over here, play High Sierra and also get a gig at a cool SF bar. Next time they're in town they will definitely have to play a larger venue. 12 Galaxies would be just right for them. And I gotta pick up their album, stat.

Now that the wedding is over, Honeymoon planning is in full effect. We're heading to Thailand for 2 months (Sept/Oct) and while we are there, I hope we never end up on a road like this. I also hope I never get fooled like these people. I'm sometimes astounded by the things I see people doing and being done to them, in other countries. A stunt like that on a US mountain would definitely result in major lawsuits.

Thick fog in the city today. That means summer is here. I'll be using this tool quite a bit to see when we're going to have a clear day. It was gorgeous all weekend, though, and we got up and out on Saturday for a little hike along the Sutro Heights Trail. It goes north from Ocean Beach, towards Baker Beach and the Golden Gate Bridge. While on the high coastal trail, down below in the cove we saw a pair of bottlenose dolphins frolicking. It was so damn cool. They were just swimming around, playing with each other. My buddy is a Marine Biologist and he thought they were probably a male and a female, courting. If one had been a bit smaller, his guess would have been mother and calf. We also saw 2 red-tailed hawks and flock of four pelicans. Amazing that we could be within city limits and see that kind of incredible wildlife. I love SF, even though the summers are cold, dreary and full of fog.

Poker tonight. So fun. I brought home a smile, but unfortunately, no wad of loot.


before

way before

others


ATOM 0.3